Go back to the English Guide Index >>
Guide for new players
Translated to english from portuguese, guide by RorrozinhaXLD, extra content added by Yamiino.
1. Getting a pokémon into a pokeball
When you catch a pokémon you will notice that the pokémon has a "doll" form in the 3rd tab of your inventory (ALT + E, egg icon), these are items that cannot be used. To transform that doll into a usable pokeball, you will need to visit a Pokémon Centre; speak with the NPC named "Ajudante" which can be found on the left side of Nurce Joy; press enter (by default it's the first options) until you get the pokeball.
Your current pokemon will be called back, don't worry this is a normal process to get the doll into it's pokeball. Once that's done, the doll will dessapear and you will have the pokémon's pokeball in your 2nd inventory tab.
Some times a pokémon gets stuck when you have used a skill, don't worry there are two ways to bring it back without recalling it. The first one is by pressint ALT + T, and the second one which is my favourite, keep ALT pressed and then click with the right button of your mouse where you want your pokémon go to. Yes, you can control your pokémon this way so you will not have to run behind that pidgey to attack it with tackle. Just get the Pokémon near the monster you want to attack with ALT+ Right Click.
Most players that do not have experience in Ragnarok Online do not know how to use the skills o a Pokémon, it is pretty easy. First you need to press F12 to open up your hotkey bars, yes you can have more than one row, simply expand it by pressing the lower right corner of the hotkey bar and drag it down. You can drag skills and items to this bar, to open up your personal skills (your character's) press ALT + S, I will explain each one in few. To open up your Pokémon's skills press ALT + R, you are now in the Pokémon detail window. You will see different buttons, for now we care only of the "Hab." button, here are the skills of your Pokémon, you can learn those however you will only be able to have only 4 active skills per Pokémon, just like in the Game Boy games. Don't worry if you mess up you can reset them, that will be other thing I will explain in this topic further.
Your character's skills:
- Habilidades Básicas: You can learn up to level 9 in this skill, it is used for basic interactions like sitting (command /sit or press Insert), emoticons (ALT + L), etc.
- Expandir Carga: Max level is 10, this will increase your weight limit, you will be able to carry one more pokeball every 2 levels, making it 6 pokeballs (your full pokemon party) when it is on level 10.
- Vitalidade Extendida: Max level is 10, you will get more HP on your character (not your pokes)
- Vigor Extendido: Max level is 10, adds more SP to your character, used for skills like speeding up in bycicle, etc.
- Equipar Item: Max level is 1, will let you equip an item on a pokemon. Not sure how this works though.
You will have to learn the skills in order, to increase the level of a skill just click the icon of the skill and press OK.
Always have a Pokémon out:
When you're walking on the wild without a Pokémon, monsters will attack your character, if your character dies you will have to respawn (2nd button that appears when you die), this will take you back to the last Pokémon Centre you visited (and spoken to Nurce Joy). If one of your Pokémon dies, the next one will be called out, wild Pokémon will not attack your character until your Pokémon is dead or not found near you (left behind).
Feed your Pokémon:
Pokémons need to eat, you can see in the ALT + R window a bar that says "Fome", this stands for "Hunger" to feed your Pokémon you just need two things, first the food "Ração Pokémon" and second, click the "Alimentar" button on the ALT + R screen. Do that until your Pokémon's hunger is around 70's. Do not overfeed or you will lose some loyalty points, will explain these in the "Evolution" point. In short if you are curious, you need to have "Leal" (loyalty) on "Alta" (high), then and only then your Pokémon will be able to evolve (it has to meet the level requirements, or special requirements like stones, trading it, etc.)
Protect your monsters:
You can type the command @noks this command will simply avoid people to try killing the pokémon you just touched, and will also protect it from being captured. Note that Pokémons that you have not attacked and have the "No KS" bubbles above them are protected from you and others. That Pokémon belongs to someone else, if you try to kill it or catch it your current Pokémon will die. Pay attention to your chat window from any "NO KS" messages.
Autoloot all your drops:
In the chat you can type the command @autoloot, this will bring all the items dropped to your inventory, note that you still have a weight limit, if you reach 50% your Pokémon and your character will stop restoring HP, if you reach 90% weight, you will not be able to attack. You will require to either drop some items to the ground or sell some in the vendor's shop (if you ever played Pokémon once you know that red buildings mean Pokémon Centre, and blue ones mean Shops)
3. Pokeballs, capturing Pokémon.
Some people ask, How difficult is it to capture a Pokémon?, all I will say is "LSKDJA" Hard, if it was easy then the game would be boring and everyone would have every single Pokémon. Continuing, each Pokéball in the store is being sold for 1,000 Zeny (in-game non-premium currency), you get Zeny when selling loot, and winning battles with NPCs.
However, there's a quest of a special pidgey "Pidgey Especial", the one you cannot capture and some times speaks portuguese, yes that's some weird pidgey if you ask me. If you finish this quest Oak will give you 15 pokeballs to capture a Pidgey. To read the full tutorial, click this link (under construction).
4. Viridian's Guard, Licences.
Every time you try to go out of viridian the guard will always ask you some things (Note: To leave Viridian simply select in the first menu "Vou ali!", then select the first option, then "Acredite na minha palavra.", and then "É a minha Pokedex").
But wait, if you hate doing that over and over, you can do a little quest, first you need to enter the house to the right of the Guard / Police man or whatever it is, on the top left side of the room there's a NPC named "Funcionário Público". To complete the quest you need the next:
- Use atleast 50 pokeballs (normal ones).
- Have atleast 2 Pokémons detected in your Pokedex (you actually have to use the character skills, yes), if you do not know how to use your Pokedex, press ALT + S, on the top right corner you will see two little buttons, press the first one [-] to have a short version (better if I can say) of your skills. You have two skills of Pokedex, Adicionar á Pokedex (Add to Pokedex), and "Ler Pokedex" (Read Pokedex).
- You will also have to pay 100 Zeny per level, if your Pokémon is level 10 you will need to pay 1,000 Zeny.
You will be required to have that Pokémon in your inventory always to let the "Licence" work, to do the process just press enter until it gives it to you, default options are on the first menu options so you don't need to even read it and/or understand it.
5. Starter Pokémon
Yes your first Pokémon is a Rattata, but don't worry you can indeed get that Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle you are looking for.
To get these you need to enter the house above the Pokémon Centre in Viridian, you will see a NPC surounded by these Pokémon. To make it short you need to bring this NPC 100 "perolas", these "perolas" (pearls) are dropped by most monsters in the starter areas, as in KILL THOSE RATTATAS AND PIDGEYS! You can bring this NPC 100 pearls every hour, you can only hand in 100 at a time, in other words it will take you 50 hours to complete it if you do it every hour. Yes you need to do it 50 times. Once that is done, you will randomly get one of the three starters, either Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. If you do not get the one you wanted, you can always sell the one you got and repeat the quest.
To get the most pearls, go to route 1 (1 map south of Viridian City).
When equipping your Pokedex you will get two new skills on your character, "Adicionar á Pokedex" (Add to Pokedex) and "Ler Pokedex" (Read Pokedex) in the ALT + S screen, if you do not see these, on the top right corner of that window you will find two buttons, click the first one [-], this will make your skills window to show all the hidden skills. You can add these two to your hotkeys as well. The usage is pretty simple, to add a Pokémon to your Pokedex simply use the skill on a wild Pokémon, to read the Pokedex use the other skill and select the Pokémon you want to view.
7. No kill stealing (@noks)
As it was mentioned before, I will explain further this point. How many times have you played a game where you are killing a monster and then someone else comes in and kills it in one hit? Probably, way too many times.
This command can be used to avoid that, be warned, if you use this command and a monster has been marked as yours and you don't kill it, players may report you for abusing it. You must kill whatever you attack, unless you die, or leave the map it will remain with the "no ks" status.
This command has different ways of using, it can be configured for yourself, to let party members to attack / capture it, and I believe even for guildmates. The default is set to party, but if you type:
- @noks self - This will set the @noks command to yourself only, blocking even party members from attacking your monsters.
- @noks guild - This will set the @noks command to your guild members, blocking all other players that are not in your guild from attacking and capturing your monsters.
- @noks - This will set the @noks command to your party, not allowing random players out of your party to attack or even try to capture your Pokémon.
Carefull, this is a good tool, however it may also end up killing your current pokémon. When you see a wild Pokémon with the "NO KS" bubble on top of it, and you did not attack it first, DO NOT TRY TO KILL IT, if you do so, the tool will automatically kill your current Pokémon from trying to kill steal. Make sure to pay attention to your chat window, it will let you know who's Pokémon that is or if someone is trying to kill yours. When you see a message with the word "Dono: -NICKNAME- it means that the Pokémon you just attacked is owned by someone else "-NICKNAME-".
8. Pokémon Information (@info)
When you are using a Pokémon you can type in the chat box the command @info, this will bring all the information of your current Pokémon to the chat window.
Checking other's Pokémon:
Let's say you go on shopping and find a Pokémon you like (in it's actual pokeball), look your chat window and you will find out that for every pokemon in a pokeball that is in that shop, you will get a message with the name of the Pokémon and it's ID. To check the stats of that Pokémon, use this command and add the id next to it, separated with a space. For example, the shops says I am looking at a Gastly with ID: 12345678; I would type to check the status the next command:
Selling Pokémons / Trading them:
When people in the game sell a Pokémon they will usually add the ID to the message, this way you can look before buying it what you are getting. Make sure to compare the ID you checked with the ID you are receiving in the chat window once the trade starts. Yes when the other player trades you a Pokémon you will also get the ID message to confirm.
9. Rare Pokémon
Rare Pokémons are very expensive (to purchase) and very rare to find, most players will always be hunting these to get profit or a good Pokémon to use, some rares are for example: Pikachu, Gigglypuff, Abra, Ditto.
You might find for example players with high level Pokémon killing everything in their way in Viridian's Forest, those are not hunting weedles or caterpies, they are looking for a Pikachu which is worth over 30 million Zeny if you successfully catch it.
Pokerag takes different things into account to spawn these rares, some of the requirements may involve:
- Kills: Some Pokémon need X number of kills on the map to make them appear. For example, Abra in route 6 is known to appear after 1,000 kills on the map.
- Time: Some rare Pokémon appear after a long wait (1-10 hours), for example Slowpoke in route 12 appears every hour (only 1 per hour).
Now, imagine 20+ players hunting for the same Pokémon in the same map because they know it will apear there, spawn points are random and with @noks you may secure your Pokémon if you find it first. So yes! Get the hunt rolling!
10. Character styles, duels and commerce (mall)
In every Pokémon Centre you will find a way to the upper floor on the left side of the room, you will find different gates and NPCs.
11. Creating a shop
- Clown NPC: Here you will be able to change the hair style of your character, and it's colors.
- 1st gate: Here you will be able to join the duel arena, don't mess with this if you are a low level player, you will instantly die.
- 2nd gate: Here you will go into the mall area. All shops in there are player's shops, you can set up your own speaking to the npcs available in there. The mall is connected to all the Pokémon Centres, meaning if you want to trade with a player, the fastest way to do it is meeting at the commerce room (or mall). When you leave the mall you will be teleported back to the Pokémon Centre you were in.
In the mall or "commerce room", speak to the NPCs and ask for a "carrinho" (cart), when you have the cart press ALT + W and put all the items you will be selling in there. Speak again to the NPC and select "Levar ao ponto" (Go to point). She will teleport you automatically to the spot where you will be selling. Click on the NPC again and open your shop.
12. Groups / parties
- To create a party, simply type on the chat the command /organize "name of the party"
- To invite someone into your party, type /invite "player name"
- To leave your party type /leave
Your party is listed as well in the ALT + Z window, here you can change the configurations of your party, kick someone, or dismiss it.
13. Loyalty, evolutions and skills
I mentioned before that to evolve a Pokémon you need it to be loyal, well here I explain more about this and how it works.
You know by now that in the ALT + R window (Pokémon status) you have a button named "Hab." which stands for Pokémon skills.
In the same window, you will find on the lower part a bar with the title "Fome", fome means hunger; and a button with name "Alimentar" which means Feed. Your Pokémon needs to have this "Fome" bar always higher than 10 and lower than 80, do not overfeed or you will lose loyalty, do not let it starve or you will also lose loyalty.
Loyalty, in portuguese "Leal" for "Lealtade" will start with the "Baixisima" status, which means Very Low, when you feed your Pokémon in time you will stat to get Loyalty points, don't worry of the current Loyal status, what you want to reach is getting "Alta" (High) on it. This means that the Pokémon now meets one of X requirements to evolve.
I mention X requirements, because they either need certain level, a special stone or even trading them, the other player will need to evolve it.
To evolve a Pokémon once you met the requirements, simply go to Viridian City's Pokémon Centre, and speak to the NPC found on the top right corner of the room (1st floor). The name of the npc is "Entendido", next to the VIP NPC. If your Pokémon meets all the requirements it will evolve it (you can find the requirements in bulbapedia if you don't know).
This is that special little place where you will be able to level up your Pokémon faster than what you would do in normal areas, you will find here Pokémon like Snorlax, Jynx and Gastly.
To get there, you will need to do a little big quest, you can read the guide here (under construction)
15. Pokemon database
There is a program in portuguese that will show all the Pokémon, their locations, etc. You can find the program in this topic
, and this other link
is for Rare Pokemon and their catch rate.
16. Capture suggestions
Here I will give you a suggestion of what to catch first.
17. Chance of capturing Pokémon
- Route 1 > Pidgey: It's a good Pokémon for the beginers, will allow you to use the HM Fly when you get it. It has a skill named "Bater Asas" which is pretty good and will help you level up.
- Viridian Forest > Weedle: It's last evolution, Beedrill. Is a great option; many trainers use it as their last Pokémon, it has advantage against Alakazam and Starmie, it will also kill other Pokémon easily with Poison. You will have advantage in Pokemopolis, most Pokémon in that place are Psychic Pokémon.
- Caterpie: A Butterfree is a good Pokémon, it lets you sleep foes, and in level 38 it will learn "Raio Psíquico" (Psychic Beam) which will end up hitting 3k-4k damage.
- Geodude: One of the best ones you can get, it will get "Terremoto" (Earthquake), which deals a lot of damage if you grow it correctly (Str based since the move is Physical). It is immune to electric attacks such as Thunder and Electric Shock.
There are different facts that will change the chance of capturing a Pokémon.
18. Autolooting (@autoloot)
- Poke Ball: Yes, it is obvious. Ultra Ball > Great Ball = Safari Ball > Poke Ball
- HP: The lower the HP the higher the chance of capturing it.
- Status: To increase the chance even more, you need to set a status on the Pokémon you want to catch, the best one is Sleep, it will stop the Pokémon from attacking and will let you capture it with no extra damage. You can also poison it, but you must be fast or it will die, even the poison of a level 10 Pokémon can kill a high level Pokémon.
As explained before, you can autoloot items that drop from killing Pokémon, note that typing the command @autoloot will set to get 100% of the items. If you type for example @autoloot 20, it will set it up to only get items with 20% or less drop rate. To disable the command just type it again.
19. Effort Values (EV's)
Just like in the Game Boy games, yes Pokerag has EV's
To know what Pokémon gives X EV's, simply use your Pokedex. If you see something like "EV Point: HP", it means that if you kill that Pokémon you will get 1 point on Vit, this example was for Caterpie.
If you type @info, you will see two stats that will look like this:
Stats por EV: For:0 Agi:0 Vit:0 Int: 0 Des:0 Sor:0.
Ok, every 100 points in the EV's, in other words killing 100 Caterpies, will give you 1 point on the Vit (Vitalidade) EV. There is a limitation of how many points you can get, the limit is 3,000. In other words you will only have 30 points to distribute in the EV's. For this reason you will not be able to add 15 points in Agi, 15 in Int, since each attribute can only have 10 points at most.
20. "Evento Premiado" (Automatic Event)
When you see an announcement saying: O Evento irá começar em 5 minutos! Vá até Veridiana para participar!
That means an automatic event will start soon, you need to go to Viridian City, on the left side next to the pond you will find a NPC named "Evento Premiado". Basically once the event starts you have to speak to this npc, to enter the room, press enter until you get teleported.
The target is finding the real Eevee, you will find WAY TOO MANY Eevees' in the room, but only one is named correctly, kill it and you will win the event.
The prize is always a "cupon premiado" (a coupon), which will let you into the Safari Zone.
21. "Evento PokeConquest" (Conquest event)
When you see an announcement saying: O Evento PokeConquest irá começar em 5 minutos! Vá até Veridiana para participar!
That means the PokeConquest GVG (Guild vs Guild) event will start, basically the target is giving the last hit to the Emperium ("Poke Baú") in the middle of the room.
To get there, you will need to do different things with your guild:
- Have Surf to get out of the starting zone (if you do not have Surf you will not be able to continue)
- You will find a room where you need to cut some trees, you need the HM Cut in here, note that cut has a cooldown and will need more than one single Pokémon with cut to finish the task.
- There is a little chest that has around 10k HP, the aim is to give the last hit to win but it will not be as easy as it sounds, because the map is completly PVP (Player vs Player). If your guild leader gets to recall the guild to the room you will have better chances of winning. Carefull with the charizards!
It is a very fun event, most just join it to kill others than winning the event itself, if you give the last hit the prize is as well a "cupom premiado" (a coupon), this coupon will give you access to the Safari Zone.
22. Safari Zone
The Safari Zone is simply the area where the Rarest Pokemon of the server run arround freely, like Nidorina and Nidorino, Exeggcute, Pinsir, Tauros, Scyther, Chansey and Kangaskhan.
To have access to the Safari Zone you need a "cupon premiado" (a coupon from events), this will give you 30 minutes to explore and try to catch, you also get 10 Safari Balls. Note that if you use all the Safari Balls before the time is over, you will be kicked out as well as you would do when the time is over.
The Safari however works in a different way than what open areas would, you will find some "Matinhos", if you walk over these you will then have a "Crack", with each "Crack" there's a chance fo make a Pokémon appear.
Pokémon Available in the Safari Zone:
Chances to make them appear:
23. Helping the server
- Common: Nidoran Macho/Male, Paras, Doduo, Venonat
- Rare: Nidorino, Nidorina, Parasect, Venomoth, Exeggcute
- Very Rare: Rhyhorn, Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Tauros
- Invaluable: Schyter, Chansey, Dratini
The game is always looking forward to grow, one of the best ways to do this is letting your friends know about the server. Playing it, helping others, and so on.
You can also vote on some Top Sites, where if the server has a considerable good amount of votes it will rank up on the top list.
There's no need to vote every day, it would be great but if you just vote today when reading this guide, you will give this server one more vote to rank up.
And as always, if you do not like something about the server, found an error/bug, or any other thing, let the administration know, they will understand some english if you do not know portuguese. Your "sugestão" (suggestion) will be analized and if accepted will be added.
Go back to the English Guide Index >>
Este post foi editado por Yamiino: 11 June 2013 - 05:55 PM